Tuesday, September 18, 2012

shanghai week 1

Dear blog (readers/friends),




I'm finally able to blog! After a week of figuring out how to use the VPN ( I know right, I'm slow)



Things had been pretty fine over my side. Even though from time to time I really miss home, iss my boyfriend, miss my parents and everything else in sg. But i think I’m coping rather well, better than I expected it. These few days I had been dreaminga bout home, waking up thinking that I'm in Singapore. I'm not that homesick, maybe just a little. My parents are visiting in exactly a months’ time! And I really want to thank everyone who came to send me off at the airport and those who made an effort to come but couldn’t make it. WITH LOTS OF LOVE from sammy~



It's the 5th day here at work and so far so good. I'm doing some researching and translating work. I find my Chinese improving a little. It’s pretty fun actually! Like doing ppt in chinese, presenting in chinese. But my efficiency level is slower now because I process in English but I need to type in chinese.



The first two days when we arrived here, we went shopping! At the well known QI PU LU. It’ like bugis street plus far east plaza here. The seniors said things are very cheap there, but no not really, I bought my tops at about $10~$15 each? I hate it when I don’t blog for a very long time because my mind starts to forget the little things that I wanted to mention here!!



My aunt’s place is really nice, it’s well lilted so I’m not that scared! She would be away for 3 weeks, leaving on this coming Thursday. I’m still contemplating if I should move into my friends’ place. But it’s so troublesome to move my things here and there right. Just that it’d be more fun with their companion!! How now brown cow.



I’m sorry I don’t really have very interesting stuffs to share here. HAHA mainly because I already forgot what I wanted to say… OH, we can eat in the train station? I ate magnum. Oh you dontknow how much I miss eating B&Js with my baby. I miss it so much, watching dramas and scooping ice cream from the tub, gosh. 10 more weeks baby. YAY! I also figured how to take the mrt back home, their mrt is super super bigggggg I take it as exercising hur?! But me walking in heels is a nononono. And taking the train during peak hour is like…. You just stand there and it feels like you’re on a travelator, people from behind would just push you and TADAR you’re in the train already. DAM IT, I’m still trying to get used to it.



OHOH, and I also witnessed pickpocket scenes. It’s like lessonsssss learnt from other people’s mistakes. And I was quite scared. But luckily we were traveling in big groups. Marketing + retail a total of 9 people. Whee oh wheets~ More fun with the retail people cos they are vain pots like meeeeee yay.





No comments: