Monday, September 24, 2012

Shanghai week 2

Hey all! It's pretty hard for me to update this space on a daily basis, but i'll be doing it only a weekly basis!

OKEH, time really flies, it's week 3 already. Yesterday was officailly 2 weeks in shanghai, and things are really going smoothly! (Other than the missing sg part)

I'm sure, the friends that are here with me plays a really big part. Unknowingly, they're probably the reasons why I don't miss home that much. My days are pretty much filled with joy and laughter because of them and I'm thankful. Despite some bits and pieces of irritating and annoying matters here and there from one or two. But learning how to close an eye is the key.. My aunt left last thursday and I slept alone in the house for the first time in my life. There's really a lot of "first times" for me over here yup, and im managing it really well. *pats shoulder* At least way better than I expected..!

That day me and Vivian were just talking about how much we didn't regret coming here. It feels like.... HOLIDAY. Haha seriously other than the intern part, everything else feels like holiday. After work: explore new places to eat (go home sleep duh cos we're tired). Weekends: explore new places to eat and shop. (somemore things are cheaper) Everything is just new to us, the environment, the weather, the culture, the people, the language.. explains why it feels like a holiday! BUT i'm definitely not managing my spendings haha i'm spending quite alot... like last saturday, me and vivian took taxi as our public transport and we took 6 times!! *face palm* We are suppose to spend everything on shopping HAHAHA.


Something interesting to share:
1. We witnessed another pick pocket scene. It was like an emptied handbag. I dontknow how to explain the feeling to witness something like this, I feel scared and glad that it isn't one of us.

2. Taking the train here (during peak hours). SICK I would say.Just this morning I was taking the train to work, it was packed like mad... LIKE CRAZILY PACKED. The thing is, before the train arrives you'll be shocked to see everyone actually queue up like in hk and taiwan. BUT when the train arrives, passengers try to alight, and the last few passengers would have extreme difficulty to get out cos all the commuters are just too kanchiong to enter the train. And the queue is like not a queue anymore, people from the back push the ones infront and you automatically get into the train. NO JOKE NO FUN AT ALL. luckily i always have my laptop bag in the front to protect my boobs. my butt is just too short for anyone to touch la. And the train is packed like SARDINE. So packed that my pau and hotdog bun got flattend and my plastic bag tore. OWNAGE max.

OKIEEEE pictures time! :D

Photobucket
Had pancakes for brunch that day with vivian. It was better than strictly pancakes. ohhhhh how much I miss having pancakes for breakfast :D

Photobucket
And this was the interior, small and cosy. Mainly because most of the shophouses here are pretty small..

Photobucket
My tired face... hahahha

Photobucket
The day when I invited them to my place for homecooked party ^^


Photobucket
Vivian and I at honeymoon dessert

Photobucket
Me and Andy arm wrestling.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This was the first meal I cooked. Buying the ingredients, cutting, soaking the veg to cooking to eating. SEE, first time again! :')

Photobucket
Oh lookie! I did manicure that day, it's too funky a color for me. I should try gelish the next time :))

Photobucket
skyping with my sweetie pie every weekend makes me miss him even more. But thank God for technologies, we can still talk to each other :D

Photobucket
This is my friends' apartment. The toilet is transparent HAHA.

Photobucket
This is the macs here. Super duper cheap. Mac breakfast for $1.20. With a burger and tea/coffee. I'm still anti macs tho~

Photobucket
I had my iphone cover changed. It's so pretty now, I dont think i'll ever get sick of it. It cost 55yuan, $11SGD. whooooots?~

Photobucket
My loots from 西宫. It's pretty nice to shop there. Cardigan, $10 Flats, $8 Platform slippers $4, Floral dress, $6 High cut studded steakers, $15. I loveeeeeee shopping! heheheh that's why I said i'm not controlling my expenses at all?! hahaha

Photobucket
A true example of how oily the food here is. It's like saying "oil in china is free" come DRINK me. URGH.....

Photobucket
There's super duper a lot of dogs here. There's tons of toy poodles here and I really miss Bento alot :'( And this was one of the husky we saw. Super well groomed!

Photobucket
We had awfully chocolate mooncake here too. they said this box is limited edition like only about 100 in the world?! And we also had traditional mooncakes! First time celebrating mooncake fesitval overseas, in China somemore!

Photobucket
Haha and this is how zack eats his mooncake LOL!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cobb salad delivery to my place. For 88 yuan ($15) super ex actually. but i really love it!!

Photobucket
One of my OOTN haha

Photobucket
And one of my OOTD

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
I had the best fried tempura sweet potato ever in my life. FRIGGING good?! Crispy flour and sweet sweet potato inside. And you can see from the picture it's super big?! Couldnt finish....

Photobucket
AHAHA me and vivian enjoying our popcorn chicken (galrlic & sweaweed flavored). Oh we had those for breakfast. hahaha

Photobucket
Then we met the rest for Teppanyaki! Talk about bottomless pit and fats..... sigh

Photobucket
kinda love the company


Photobucket
what a cool way to steam eggs right!

Photobucket
We played pool yesterday! I suck at it~

Photobucket
Then me and vivian got sick of playing.... so we went to explore for food.. and oh yeahhhh we found yu yuan from jiufen! Miss taiwan so muchie!!

Photobucket
This is my ripped plastic bag and squashed bread URGH!!

Photobucket
Just me being bored at work haha electric blue outfit on a blue monday~~

CIAOOOOOO.... hope I updated yall about my shanghai week 2! hehehe  with lots of love. TILL THEN :')


No comments: